The Worksheet, a fantasy football overview by Rich Hribar, breaking down everything you need to know for the Week 14 Tampa Bay Buccaneers at San Francisco 49ers Sunday afternoon game.
|Tampa Bay||Rank||@||San Francisco||Rank|
|18.3||5||Points All. /Gm||15.8||1|
|42.27%||14||Opp. Rush %||38.39%||3|
|57.73%||19||Opp. Pass %||61.61%||30|
- Since Jimmy Garoppolo joined the team in 2017, San Francisco has averaged 5.97 yards per play (second) and 0.07 EPA per snap (second) with him in the game.
- With Garoppolo off of the field over that span, San Francisco is averaging 5.38 yards per play (18th) and -0.08 EPA per snap (31st) with Garoppolo off of the field.
- 40.0% of the drives against Tampa Bay have failed to gain a first down or touchdown, the highest rate in the league.
- Just 11.8% of the San Francisco possessions have gone three-and-out with a punt, the lowest rate in the league.
- The 49ers are allowing a league-low 1.38 points per drive.
- The Buccaneers are allowing 1.62 points per drive, sixth in the league.
- Opponents have scored on 25.6% of their drives against San Francisco, the lowest rate in the league.
- Tampa Bay is second in the league, allowing opponents to score on 29.6% of drives.
- Tampa Bay has scored a touchdown on 8.6% (5-of-58) of their drives on the road this season, the lowest rate in the league.
- The Buccaneers are averaging 9.6 yards per completed pass, 31st in the league.
Trust = spike production for that player
Tom Brady: After a nightmare of a performance up until five minutes left in the game, Brady rallied with two scoring drives to close out the Saints and propel himself to a QB10 scoring week.
Brady has now thrown a pair of touchdowns in each of his past three games and has lived in the 15-18 points range over the past five weeks. Brady has shown his cards as floor-based option that is best as a high-end QB2 than high ceiling starter in 1QB leagues. Through 12 games, Brady has just two single-digit finishes with the last one coming back in Week 5. Over the past four weeks, Brady is 2-of-12 passing on throws 25 yards or further.
A thin week gives Brady more of a pulse to flirt with another back-end QB1 scoring week, but the matchup is doing him no favors here. San Francisco is allowing 10.9 passing points per game (fifth) while ranking fourth in passing points allowed per attempt (0.332).