The Worksheet, a fantasy football overview by Rich Hribar, breaking down everything you need to know for the Week 12 Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos Sunday afternoon game.
|47.68%||31||Opp. Rush %||41.43%||17|
|52.32%||2||Opp. Pass %||58.57%||16|
- Games involving the Chargers are averaging a combined 52.5 points per game, second in the league.
- Games involving the Broncos are averaging 38.3 combined points per game, the fewest in the league.
- The Chargers are fourth in the NFL in points per possession (2.58).
- The Chargers are 30th in the league in points allowed per drive (2.53).
- Denver is fifth in points allowed per drive (1.67).
- Austin Ekeler leads the league in fantasy points scored in the red zone this season with 106.2. His previous career-high came in 2019 with 60.8 points in the red zone.
- Just 10.8% of the plays against Denver have come from inside of the red zone, the lowest rate in the league.
Trust = spike production for that player
Justin Herbert: When Herbert hits, he hits big. We have mentioned it a few times, but Herbert now has been the QB1 or QB2 in scoring in four weeks this season and the QB16 or lower in five weeks with a QB12 scoring week in between. You don’t always get there, but when you do he is winning weeks.
Denver has swerved into an aggressive approach, blitzing on 33.0% of dropbacks, which is fourth in the league. Against the blitz, Herbert is completing 60.2% of his passes for 7.3 Y/A with five touchdowns and zero interceptions. If you can pressure Herbert, that is when he is impacted, completing just 49.4% of his passes for 5.0 Y/A. If Denver is going to blitz, they better make sure they can get home, or it could be a long afternoon.
Denver is fifth in passing points allowed per game (12.9 points) and they have not yet allowed any quarterback to throw more than two touchdowns in a game this season against them. Herbert is a boom-or-bust QB1.
To continue reading this article
and gain access to The Worksheet and all of Rich's regular content, including positional rankings, and chats, click below to purchase our season-long Fantasy Package.Purchase