The Worksheet, a fantasy football overview by Rich Hribar, breaking down everything you need to know for the Week 5 Las Vegas Raiders at Kansas City Chiefs Monday Night Football game.
|Las Vegas||Rank||@||Kansas City||Rank|
|43.09%||21||Opp. Rush %||29.81%||1|
|56.91%||12||Opp. Pass %||70.19%||32|
- The Chiefs and the Raiders have each scored on 50.0% of their possessions, tied for the highest rates in the league.
- Kansas City has scored a touchdown on 35.7% of their drives (second) with the Raiders at 20.0% (16th).
- 20.6% of the Kansas City offensive plays have been run in the red zone, the highest rate in the league.
- The Chiefs have allowed a touchdown on a league-high 36.7% of plays in the red zone.
- Derek Carr is 6-of-20 passing (30%) inside of the 10-yard line, the lowest rate for all quarterbacks with more than five attempts in that area of the field.
- 87.6% of the fantasy points allowed by Kansas City have come via passing, the highest rate in the league.
- The Raiders are 22nd in blitz rate (20.7%) on passing plays but are first in pressure rate per blitz (58.6%).
- 40.8% of the Kansas City passing plays have resulted in a first down or touchdown, the highest rate in the league.
Trust = spike production for that player
Patrick Mahomes (TRUST): Mahomes completed 23-of-37 passes (62.2%) of his passes for 249 yards (6.7 Y/A) with three touchdowns on Sunday night against a good Tampa Bay defense, tacking on 34 rushing yards.
That was good for QB6 (23.4 points) on the week after he posted fine QB13 and QB11 scoring weeks.
The passing yardage and yards per pass attempt per game for Mahomes have been down since his Week 1 blast-off, but my hypothesis is those are due to this wide receiving unit still doing minimal lifting compared to the tight ends and running backs, which is why those total remained suppressed a bit.
That said, Mahomes has been all around the QB1 board to start this season and now he draws a Raider defense that has allowed a top-10 scorer in all four weeks this season.
The Raiders are allowing 0.51 passing points per attempt (26th), 17.1 passing points per game (23rd), 7.8 Y/A (27th), and a 68.9% completion rate (27th).