The Worksheet, a fantasy football overview by Rich Hribar, breaking down everything you need to know for the Week 12 New Orleans Saints at San Francisco 49ers Sunday afternoon game.
|New Orleans||Rank||@||San Francisco||Rank|
|45.71%||25||Opp. Rush %||39.64%||6|
|54.29%||8||Opp. Pass %||60.36%||27|
- San Francisco is sixth in points allowed per play (0.285).
- New Orleans is 27th in points allowed per play (0.389).
- New Orleans is allowing 4.9 scoring plays per game, 31st in the league.
- The Saints are allowing 184.3 rushing yards per game over the past three weeks, the most in the league.
- The Saints are a league-worst 0-4 against the spread on the road this season.
- The Saints are 28th in pressure rate (27.6%) but are first in sack percentage when creating pressure (33.7%).
- The Saints have forced a turnover on 4.9% of opponent possessions, the lowest rate in the league.
- 19.5% of the rushing plays against the 49ers have gained a first down or touchdown, the lowest rate in the league.
Jimmy Garoppolo: Garoppolo is arguably the best he has ever played with the 49ers.
Throwing four touchdowns on Monday night, Garoppolo has now thrown multiple touchdown passes in five of his past six games. Since Week 5, Garoppolo is fifth in the NFL in passing touchdowns (12). He has at least 15.0 fantasy points in every game over that span as he has worked his way into being in that back-end QB1/high QB2 range weekly. Given the assortment of weapons the 49ers have, he should only have to play point guard to stay as a viable fantasy play.
The Saints have only allowed multiple passing touchdowns three times this season, but they are middle of the pack against the pass, allowing 0.423 passing points per attempt (16th) and 13.1 passing points per game (15th).
To continue reading this article
and gain access to The Worksheet and all of Rich's regular content, including positional rankings, and chats, click below to purchase our season-long Fantasy Package.Purchase