With Super Bowl 57 fast approaching sportsbooks odds for Super Bowl MVP have started to heat up. We’ll be tracking current Super Bowl MVP odds throughout the playoffs.
Odds provided by BetMGM Sportsbook, updated on Jan31.
Super Bowl MVP Favorites:
Based on current betting odds, the favorite to win the Super Bowl 57 MVP is Jalen Hurts +110, followed by:
- Patrick Mahomes +125
- Travis Kelce +1100
- AJ Brown +1400
Super Bowl 57 MVP Odds
Super Bowl MVP Predictions:
The first edge you can gain when betting on the Super Bowl MVP is to choose a player from the winning team: just once in the Super Bowl’s history has a player won the MVP award while on the losing team, with the exception being Cowboys linebacker Chuck Howley back in 1971.
- In the Super Bowl’s 56-year history, 47 different players have been named MVP of the game.
- Offensive players have won the Super Bowl MVP 46 times (82.1%).
- The Super MVP has gone to quarterbacks 31 times (55.3%).
- Wide receivers have won the Super Bowl MVP 8 times, with Cooper Kupp winning last year.
- Running backs have won the Super Bowl MVP 6 times, but not since Terrell Davis in 1998.
- Over the past 11 years, only 4 non-quarterbacks have won the award: Cooper Kupp, Julian Edelman, Von Miller & Malcom Smith.
- Just two offensive players (Edelman in 2019 & Deion Branch in 2005) have won the award without scoring a touchdown in the game.
- No tight end has ever won the Super Bowl MVP.
Past Super Bowl MVP Winners
|Year||Super Bowl MVP|
|2022||Cooper Kupp, WR, Los Angeles Rams|
|2021||Tom Brady, QB, Tampa Bay|
|2020||Patrick Mahomes, QB, Kansas City|
|2019||Julian Edelman, WR, New England|
|2018||Nick Foles, QB, Philadelphia|
|2017||Tom Brady, QB, New England|
|2016||Von Miller, LB, Denver|
|2015||Tom Brady, QB, New England|
|2014||Malcolm Smith, LB, Seattle|
|2013||Joe Flacco, QB, Baltimore|
|2012||Eli Manning, QB, New York Giants|
|2011||Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay|
|2010||Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans|
|2009||Santonio Holmes, WR, Pittsburgh|
|2008||Eli Manning, QB, New York Giants|
|2007||Peyton Manning, QB, Indianapolis|
|2006||Hines Ward, WR, Pittsburgh|
|2005||Deion Branch, WR, New England|
|2004||Tom Brady, QB, New England|
|2003||Dexter Jackson, CB, Tampa Bay|
|2002||Tom Brady, QB, New England|
|2001||Ray Lewis, LB, Baltimore|
|2000||Kurt Warner, QB, St. Louis|
|1999||John Elway, QB, Denver|
|1998||Terrell Davis, RB, Denver|
|1997||Desmond Howard, KR, Green Bay|
|1996||Larry Brown, CB, Dallas|
|1995||Steve Young, QB, San Francisco|
|1994||Emmitt Smith, RB, Dallas|
|1993||Troy Aikman, QB, Dallas|
|1992||Mark Rypien, QB, Washington|
|1991||Ottis Anderson, RB, New York Giants|
|1990||Joe Montana, QB, San Francisco|
|1989||Jerry Rice, WR, San Francisco|
|1988||Doug Williams, QB, Washington|
|1987||Phil Simms, QB, New York Giants|
|1986||Richard Dent, DE, Chicago|
|1985||Joe Montana, QB, San Francisco|
|1984||Marcus Allen, RB, Los Angeles Raiders|
|1983||John Riggins, RB, Washington|
|1982||Joe Montana, QB, San Francisco|
|1981||Jim Plunkett, QB, Oakland|
|1980||Terry Bradshaw, QB, Pittsburgh|