The Super Bowl LVII matchup is set between the Philadelphia Eagles and Kansas City Chiefs, so let’s break down a few Super Bowl player props worth betting on this week.
Here’s a dive into some of Miles Sanders’s running back prop bets you should consider for the Super Bowl.
Consider the over on Miles Sanders’s rushing yards prop
Against an inconsistent Chiefs run defense, take the over on Miles Sanders’s rushing yards prop in Super Bowl XLII.
This number originally opened at 55.5 yards, which would have been the third-lowest line of the year for Sanders. As it stands now, it’s just the third time since Week 3 that Sanders’s rushing yards prop has dipped below 60 yards 一 that’s entirely too much respect for the Chiefs’ run defense.
The Chiefs struggle to create early contact in the run game, which should benefit Sanders.
According to TruMedia, Kansas City contacts the running back at or behind the line of scrimmage on just 37% of carries, the league’s third-lowest rate.
Take a look at these stats for Sanders to understand why this trend is critical to his success:
- 2.4 yards per attempt when hit at or behind the line of scrimmage
- 6.7 yards per attempt when crossing the line of scrimmage without contact
Sanders is also likely to have more light boxes to run into against Kansas City 一 which is exactly the scenario the Eagles attempt to create for him. Per TruMedia, Sanders ran into a light box (six or fewer defenders) on 36% of his carries (excluding short-yardage and plays inside the 10-yard line), the league’s ninth-highest rate.
The Chiefs’ defense also tends to play with light boxes and has done so at the fourth-highest rate, using those same parameters.
This trend further increases the probability of Sanders having consistent running lanes against the Chiefs’ defense.
Although it’s possible the game script forces the Eagles away from the run game, with Philly favored by 1.5 points we should have confidence betting the over on Miles Sanders rushing yards prop.
More Super Bowl Prop Bet Coverage:
- Best Super Bowl Prop Bets For Isiah Pacheco
- Best Super Bowl Prop Bets For Jalen Hurts
- Best Super Bowl Prop Bets For Patrick Mahomes
- Super Bowl 57 Prop Bet Tracker
Be sure to look through our Super Bowl 57 Hub for detailed coverage & analysis on the big game.
Also, check out the Sharp Angles Betting Podcast every Wednesday for further discussion on these player props and more betting advice for the week ahead.
Don’t Miss out on our Playoff Recommendations
As a THANK YOU for following us throughout the season, both our betting recommendations and the wonderful content the team produces on the site… we wanted to offer you an option to save and get on board for our Super Bowl betting recommendations with savings:
- Use coupon code SHARP25 for $25 off a Super Bowl Package.
Hurry, as this sale ends soon AND even sooner, we’ll be releasing written game previews and Super Bowl bets to follow and props when lines are posted.
This year has been another outstanding time to be a betting client at Sharp Football Analysis, with Warren Sharp‘s betting recommendations running extremely hot, going 74% in our last 46 NFL bets to close the season:
- Last 5 weeks in NFL: 34-12 (74%)
- Final 2022 NCAAF Bowls: 18-8 (69%) including 6-0 (100%) on elevated plays
- Final 2022 NFL Futures: 17-5 (77%)
- Final 2022 NFL Regular Season: 92-63 (59%)
- Final 2022 NFL Computer Totals: 37-15 (71%)
- Final 2022 NCAAF Regular Season: 126-94 (57%)
It’s truly been a great season and we’re excited for the playoffs, as it’s been extremely good to us in years past.
Historically, we’ve been outstanding on NFL Playoffs:
- 159-93 (62%) lifetime playoff record
- 25-10 (71%) lifetime Super Bowl record
- 16-6 (73%) on Super Bowl week releases last year (including props)