The NFC champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers will play the AFC champion Kansas City Chiefs in the 2021 Super Bowl on Sunday, Feb. 7. at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa Bay. Opening kickoff is set for 6:30 p.m.
Current Super Bowl Odds & Betting Lines:
- Current Spread: Chiefs -3
- Current Over/Under: 56.5
Opening Super Bowl Odds & Betting Lines:
- Opening Spread: Chiefs -3.5
- Opening Over/Under: 57.5
Super Bowl Trends:
- Since the NFL expanded to 32 teams in 2002, Super Bowl favorites are 9-8 straight up and 6-11 against the spread (the 2014 Super Bowl closed as a Pick Em).
- Since that 2002 expansion, No. 1 seeds are 2-7 straight up and against the spread when facing a non-No. 1 seed.
- Since 2002, the AFC is 11-7 heads up vs the NFC, but the NFC is 10-8 against the spread.
- The 57.5 opening point total is the highest mark for a Super Bowl overall.
- 14 previous Super Bowls have had a game total of 50 points or higher. Those games have gone 8-6 towards the Under with six of the past seven of those games going Under.
- Just 11 Super Bowls have had more than 56 combined points scored, with three of those involving Tom Brady.
- Five of the previous nine Super Bowls featuring Brady have a point total over 50 points, with those games going 1-4 towards the Under.
Kansas City Chiefs, Odds & Trends:
- The Chiefs enter the Super Bowl 8-10 (44.4%) against the spread this season.
- The Chiefs are a league-best 7-0 (4-3 ATS) against teams with a winning record this season.
- In the nine career losses Patrick Mahomes has had under center, opponents have scored an average of 36.2 points.
- The opposing team has needed 29 or more points scored in six of those nine games while Kansas City has scored fewer than 24 points in just one of their losses with Mahomes under center.
- For his career, Andy Reid-coached teams have a 26-6 record straight up coming off a bye week with a 23-12 record against the spread in those games. In the postseason, that record is 7-3 straight up and 6-4 against the spread off of a bye.
- Kansas City games this season have had an average game total of 51.9 points with a 9-9 record against the total.
- The Chiefs faced four defenses in the top-10 in defensive EPA this season, including the Buccaneers (who are sixth). Against those teams, the Chiefs were 4-0 (1-2-1 ATS).
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Odds & Trends:
- The Buccaneers enter the Super Bowl 11-8 (57.9%) against the spread this season.
- Tampa Bay games this season have had an average game total of 49.3 points with an 11-8 record favoring the Over.
- The Buccaneers are the 11th Wild Card team to reach the Super Bowl and the fourth since the NFL expanded to 32 teams in 2002. Each of the previous three since that expansion all won the Super Bowl with two of those teams (the 2005 Steelers and 2007 Giants) beating No. 1 seeds from the opposing conference.
- This will be Tom Brady’s 10th Super Bowl appearance, entering with a 6-3 record (4-5 ATS) in those games. His Super Bowl-led teams were a previous underdog just one other time, 14-point underdogs to the Rams in the 2001 Super Bowl in which they won 20-17.
- The Buccaneers have scored 30 or more points in a franchise-record six consecutive games, doubling the previous of three straight games set in the 2003 and 2012 seasons. The Buccaneers have also scored 24 or more points in 10 consecutive games, which is also a franchise record.