The NFC champion San Francisco 49ers will play the AFC champion Kansas City Chiefs in the 2020 Super Bowl on Sunday, Feb. 2. at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami. Opening kickoff is set for 6:30 p.m.
Current Super Bowl Odds & Betting Lines:
Updated February 2, 2020:
- Current Spread: Chiefs -1.5
- Current Over/Under: 53.5
Opening Super Bowl Odds & Betting Lines:
- Opening Spread: Pick
- Opening Over/Under: 51
Super Bowl Trends:
- Since the NFL expanded to 32 teams in 2002, Super Bowl favorites are 8-8 straight up and 5-11 against the spread (the 2014 Super Bowl closed as a Pick Em).
- Underdogs have won and covered in five of the past seven Super Bowls.
- Since that 2002 expansion, No. 1 seeds are 2-6 straight up and against the spread when facing a non-No. 1 seed.
- No. 1 seeds are 0-3 straight up (1-2) against the spread as underdogs since 2002.
- Since 2002, the AFC is 10-7 heads up vs the NFC, but the NFC is 10-7 against the spread.
- Non-New England AFC teams are 5-4 heads up and 4-5 against the spread over that span.
- This 53.5 point total is tied for the fifth-highest mark for a Super Bowl overall and the seventh Super Bowl to have a total set this high. Of the previous six Super Bowls to have a 53.5 total or higher, the under has gone 4-2.
Kansas City Chiefs, Odds & Trends:
- The Chiefs enter the Super Bowl a league-best 12-5-1 (70.6%) against the spread this season.
- Kansas City is 8-0 and 7-0-1 against the spread over their past eight games.
- The Chiefs have played seven games this season against defenses that rank in the top-12 in terms of expected points added defensively (San Francisco ranks second). In those games, the Chiefs have posted a 6-1 record heads up and against the spread.
- The Chiefs are 5-3 straight up and against the spread versus teams with a winning record this season.
- In the eight career losses Patrick Mahomes has had under center, the opposing team has needed 29 or more points scored six times with 25 or more points in seven of those games. Just once have the Chiefs lost a game with Mahomes under center in which the opposing team scored fewer than 20 points.
- For his career, Andy Reid-coached teams have a 23-5 record straight up coming off a bye week with an 19-9 record against the spread in those games. In the postseason, that record is 5-2 straight up and 5-2 against the spread.
- Chiefs games averaged an implied game total of 49.8 points this season, the highest in the league (10-8 towards the Over).
San Francisco 49ers, Odds & Trends:
- The 49ers are 11-6-1 against the spread so far this season. That 64.7% mark against the line is good for fourth in the league.
- The 49ers are 7-2 heads up and against the spread against teams with a winning record this season.
- The 49ers have faced seven playoff teams over their past 10 games played. In those games, they’ve posted a 5-2 record heads up while going 6-1 against the spread.
- San Francisco is 5-0 against the spread as an underdog this season.
- The 49ers are 2-2 against the spread under Kyle Shanahan off a bye week and 2-0 this season.
- Overs have gone 8-3-1 over the past 12 games involving the 49ers.
Super Bowl 2020, Everything to get you ready:
T.A.’s Super Bowl Pick
T.A. makes his Super Bow pick against the spread. Pressure and offensive scheme play a big part.
Super Bowl Playoff Matchups
Player matchups for fantasy, props, and betting for Super Bowl 54.
DFS Super Bowl Showdown
Super Bowl DFS has a specific strategy. Should Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce, or George Kittle be your captain?
The Super Bowl Of Space: How The Chiefs & 49ers Take Advantage Of Speed
The 49ers’ and Chiefs’ team speed will be on display in the Super Bowl and no coaches are better at getting that speed in space than Kyle Shanahan and Andy Reid.
Fantasy Football Player Rankings
Fantasy Football player rankings for the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl 54.
3 Super Bowl Matchups To Watch
Travis Kelce in isolation, Patrick Mahomes against a 4-man rush, and Shanahan pre-snap motion are things to watch for in Super Bowl 54.
Questions About The Coverage
The 49ers use Cover 3 often and have also seen success using Quarters but the Chiefs have killed both of those coverages this season.
Damien Williams Is An Overlooked Weapon In The Chiefs Offense
The passing game gets the attention but Damien Williams has been a big piece to Kansas City’s success on offense.
Is Patrick Mahomes Enough To Lead The Chiefs To A Super Bowl Win?
Patrick Mahomes battled through injuries and some regression to get to the Super Bowl. Will he be enough for the Chiefs to win it?
How Injuries Impacted The Super Bowl Paths For The Chiefs & 49ers
Both the 49ers and Chiefs had to deal with a number of injuries during the regular season and playoffs en route to the Super Bowl.
Tyrann Mathieu Might Be The Most Important Defender In The Super Bowl
The San Francisco 49ers have the better defense overall, but the versatility of Tyrann Mathieu makes him the most important defender in the Super Bowl.
The Super Bowl Worksheet
Every fantasy football nugget you need to know for the Super Bowl between the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers.
What Past Keys To Victory Tell Us About Super Bowl 54
Limiting sacks and turnovers will be key for the 49ers and Chiefs in Super Bowl 54.
Super Bowl Props & Bets You Can Run At Your Own Party
There are a number of bets and props, like scoring squares. you can do on your own at your Super Bowl party.
Can George Kittle Propel The 49ers Passing Game In The Super Bowl?
George Kittle is one of the league’s best tight ends and could be the biggest weapon against the Chiefs defense in the Super Bowl.
A Deep Look at 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo
Jimmy Garoppolo hasn’t needed to play a huge role in the 49ers’ playoff run, but his performance will be a big factor in the Super Bowl.
Can The Chiefs Get Tyreek Hill Loose In The Super Bowl?
Tyreek Hill’s ability to create big plays will be an important piece of the Chiefs’ offense in the Super Bowl.
Exotic Props Let You Bet On Almost Anything
With the Super Bowl comes an endless amount of prop bets. There is a nearly endless amount of exotic props from the coin toss to Gatorade color.
Updated Super Bowl 54 Odds: 49ers vs Chiefs
The 49ers-Chiefs Super Bowl line has gone from a pick ’em to the Chiefs being favored and the point total has risen by more than a field goal.
Super Bowl Tale Of The Tape: Strength Of Schedule
Super Bowl participants, the San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs, were two of the best teams throughout the season. How did strength of schedule play?
Who Are The Best Super Bowl MVP Longshot Bets?
Patrick Mahomes is the Super Bowl MVP favorite, but it’s worth trying to identify a few longshots who could win the award.
Patrick Mahomes Vs The 49ers Defense
Patrick Mahomes is on an incredible two-game playoff run. His high-level quarterback play will be put to the test against the 49ers in the Super Bowl.
In The Super Bowl, Does Offense Or Defense Matter More?
The Chiefs enter the Super Bowl with the better offense and the 49ers have the better defense. What does history say about which side of the ball matters?
Will Raheem Mostert & The 49ers Run Game Be Too Much For The Chiefs?
Raheem Mostert had a huge day against the Packers in the NFC Championship Game. Will that be enough for the 49ers against the Chiefs in the Super Bowl?
The 49ers Have A Dangerous Running Game… With Their Wide Receivers
Raheem Mostert might be the leading rusher in the Super Bowl, but Deebo Samuel and the 49ers wide receivers were the most dangerous 49ers runners.
Travis Kelce Will Be A Big Part Of The Chiefs’ Super Bowl Plan
Travis Kelce, the seven-year veteran led all tight ends in targets, catches and receiving yards during the regular season. Kelce’s stellar performance in the postseason led to him lifting the Lamar Hunt Trophy (and Paul Rudd) on Super Bowl Sunday.
Super Bowl MVP Odds: It’s Patrick Mahomes & The Field
The Chiefs are currently a slight favorite in Super Bowl odds, so it’s not surprising that Patrick Mahomes is the favorite to take the award for Super Bowl MVP.