The Worksheet, a comprehensive fantasy football preview by Rich Hribar, breaks down everything you need to know about the Week 2 matchup between the Cowboys and Jets.
Find a breakdown of every Week 2 NFL game in our Worksheet Hub.
|32.35%||6||Opp. Rush %||43.08%||16|
|67.65%||27||Opp. Pass %||56.92%||17|
- The Cowboys were the first team to have a shutout of 40-plus points in Week 1 since the 1999 Steelers versus the expansion Browns.
- The Cowboys are now tied for the best record against the spread since 2021 (24-11) and are a league-best 18-8 as a favorite over that span.
- Dallas has forced a turnover on 16.0% of opponent possessions since hiring Dan Quinn in 2021, the highest rate in the league.
- The Cowboys have allowed a league-low 1.63 points per drive over that span.
- The Cowboys have allowed 1.55 points per drive since the start of last season (second in the league) while the Jets have allowed 1.56 points per drive (third).
Trust = spike production for that player
Dak Prescott: Limited by game script and dropped passes, Prescott opened the year as the QB28 (6.3 points).
With the Cowboys up 16 points before their second offensive possession, Prescott took just 24 dropbacks, the second-fewest among starting quarterbacks in Week 1, ahead of only Desmond Ridder.
When Dallas did score on offense, it was on the ground.
When the Cowboys did throw, Prescott had just an 8.3% inaccurate target rate (eighth in Week 1), but 16.7% of his targets were credited as drops, the highest rate for any passer to open the year.
We may not run into a much better game script here and the matchup is not a good one, either.
After allowing a league-low 10.4 passing points in 2022, the Jets allowed just 7.4 passing points to Josh Allen in Week 1.
Allen did have a 51.9% success rate as a passer (second best in Week 1), but the bad was bad when he was unsuccessful.
With the matchup and the implication that Dallas will not need to do a lot on the scoreboard, Prescott is a 2QB option in Week 2.
To continue reading this article
and gain access to The Worksheet and all of Rich's regular content, including positional rankings and chats, click below to purchase our season-long fantasy package.Purchase