We break down why you should take the OVER on Rashod Bateman receiving yards player prop bet for the upcoming 2022 NFL season.
Rashod Bateman’s receiving yards prop bet: why you should bet the over
Current Receiving Yards Over/Under for Rashod Bateman:
- 849.5 receiving yards at BetMGM
- 825.5 receiving yards at FanDuel Sportsbook
- 850.5 receiving yards at DraftKings Sportsbook
In his second year with the Baltimore Ravens, former first-round pick Rashod Bateman is a good bet to hit the over on his receiving yards prop as he takes on an expanded role in the offense.
- Increased usage due to departure of Marquise Brown
- Possibly better suited for Ravens’ offense than Brown
#1 Reason to Bet the Over
Bateman generated 515 receiving yards in 12 games a season ago, which put him on pace for 730 over a full season.
With Marquise Brown now in Arizona, and no significant pieces added to the offense, Bateman should see enough of a usage increase to easily hit the over on his yardage totals even if his modest yards-per-target rate (7.6) remains constant.
#2 Reason to Bet the Over
Brown topped 1,000 yards as the Ravens’ primary weapon a season ago, and it’s possible Bateman could surpass Brown’s numbers if he’s given a similar target share.
Although Brown has blazing speed, he has never been a reliable pass-catcher. In 2021, Brown hauled in 71% of his catchable targets at 10 or more yards downfield 一 a rate Bateman easily outpaced at 83%, according to Sports Info Solutions.
Although it was a small sample size in Bateman’s rookie year, his reliable catch rate was consistent with his 81% rate during his final collegiate season at Minnesota. For comparison, Brown closed out his college career with a 74% catch rate at that distance.
With an expected increase in target share and some evidence he may be a more reliable weapon than Brown, it’s easy to envision Bateman hitting the over on his receiving yards prop.
More NFL Player Props to Bet:
- Betting the Justin Fields Passing Yards Player Prop Bet
- Betting the Derek Carr Passing Yards Player Prop Bet
- Betting the Russell Wilson Passing Touchdowns Player Prop Bet
- Betting the Kyler Murray Passing Yards Player Prop Bet
- Betting the Baker Mayfield Passing Yards Player Prop Bet
- Betting the Rashaad Penny Rushing Yards Player Prop Bet