The Worksheet, a comprehensive fantasy football preview by Rich Hribar, breaks down everything you need to know about the Week 3 matchup between the Falcons and Lions.
Find a breakdown of every Week 3 NFL game in our Worksheet Hub.
|44.54%||20||Opp. Rush %||37.21%||7|
|55.46%||13||Opp. Pass %||62.79%||26|
- Jared Goff is averaging a league-high 13.2 yards per pass attempt on first down pass attempts.
- Just 28.6% of Goff’s pass attempts have come on first down, the second-lowest rate in the league.
- Goff leads the NFL in rating (146.3) on throws 10 or more yards downfield, connecting on 13-of-19 (68.4%) for 298 yards (15.7 Y/A) and two touchdowns.
- The Falcons have allowed a 17.6 rating (third) on throws 10 yards or further downfield through two weeks, allowing 4-of-22 attempts to be completed for 70 yards (3.2 Y/A).
- The Lions are 30th in success rate on opponent passing plays (49.4%).
- 51.1% of the Atlanta yardage has come via rushing (fourth) after a 50.2% rate in 2022 (second).
- Atlanta running backs have accounted for a league-high 69.5% of the team touches.
Trust = spike production for that player
Jared Goff: Goff was hot on Sunday, closing the week as the QB8 (22.9 points).
He did throw his first interception since Week 9 of last season, but he still connected on 28-of-35 passes (80.0%) for 323 yards (9.2 Y/A) and three touchdowns.
No quarterback has thrown the ball more between the numbers through two weeks than Goff at 67.9% of his attempts.
The Atlanta defense has opened the season solid against the pass overall by allowing a 53.9% completion rate and just 4.7 yards per attempt, but this passing game is a larger test than either Carolina or Green Bay from a schematic and talent stance.
The Falcons only allowed a 56.0% completion rate and 6.0 yards per pass attempt to Jordan Love this past week, but they did allow three touchdown passes.
Atlanta has taken two different approaches over two weeks.
In Week 1 against Bryce Young, they blitzed just 16.7% of plays (27th). This past week, flipped things around, blitzing Love on 48.1% of plays (second).
When Atlanta has blitzed, they have gotten pressure just 35.0% of those snaps (24th).
Goff is a higher-end QB2 who could have to deal with Amon-Ra St. Brown not being fully 100%.
He took 153 dropbacks with St. Brown off the field in 2022, completing 65.9% of his passes for 7.7 Y/A on those plays, which was right in line with his overall production.
With St. Brown on the field in 2022 for 543 dropbacks, Goff completed 65.7% of his passes for 7.6 yards per attempt.
To continue reading this article
and gain access to The Worksheet and all of Rich's regular content, including positional rankings and chats, click below to purchase our season-long fantasy package.Purchase