Welcome to Week 3 of The Worksheet, a comprehensive fantasy football preview, by Rich Hribar.
What is The Worksheet from Rich Hribar?
The Worksheet is a comprehensive weekly fantasy football preview for each NFL game. Rich Hribar analyzes the matchup for every notable fantasy player for every game every week of the NFL season.
We now have multiple weeks in the books, and hopefully everyone is 2-0 entering Week 3.
Week 2 was a huge bounce-back week to make us feel great about the NFL and fantasy football again.
After one of the worst offensive Week 1 slate of games in the 2000s, we had immediate scoring regression in Week 2.
13 games went over the game total.
After just 61 offensive touchdowns in the opening week of the year, we had 83 scored this past week.
In Week 1, the league averaged just 6.3 yards per pass attempt. This past week’s rate was 7.3 yards per pass attempt.
Offenses averaged 356.2 yards per game after 299.3 yards per game in Week 1.
Here is hoping that we see more weeks like Week 2 than Week 1 moving forward and the rust was knocked off.
Even while adding a week to the sample of the season, grains of salt still need to be applied when taking an evidence-based approach this early in the year.
As we saw in Week 2, there is still a lot of volatility in terms of player usage and output.
For the most part, early on we are still focusing on initial usage notes to grasp onto gaining knowledge about how these offenses want to operate moving forward. If you have been following this post for the past few seasons, tangible information builds up and this post expands with information.
This article will be updated throughout the week to reflect major news or injury implications. I encourage you to use the game by game tables and data points here in conjunction with the player rankings that will be available every week this season and enjoy the games.
Click the matchups below for the individual game previews.
Week 3 Fantasy Football Matchups
- Giants @ 49ers — Thursday Night Football — FREE
- Titans @ Browns — 1 p.m. ET
- Falcons @ Lions — 1 p.m. ET
- Saints @ Packers — 1 p.m. ET
- Broncos @ Dolphins — 1 p.m. ET
- Chargers @ Vikings — 1 p.m. ET
- Patriots @ Jets — 1 p.m. ET
- Bills @ Commanders — 1 p.m. ET
- Texans @ Jaguars — 1 p.m. ET
- Colts @ Ravens — 1 p.m. ET
- Panthers @ Seahawks — 4:05 p.m. ET
- Bears @ Chiefs — 4:25 p.m. ET
- Cowboys @ Cardinals — 4:25 p.m. ET
- Steelers @ Raiders — Sunday Night Football
- Eagles @ Bucs — Monday Night Football — FREE
- Rams @ Bengals — Monday Night Football — FREE