The Worksheet, a comprehensive fantasy football preview by Rich Hribar, breaks down everything you need to know about the Week 11 matchup between the Packers and Chargers.
Find a breakdown of every Week 11 NFL game in our Worksheet Hub.
|LA Chargers||Rank||@||Green Bay||Rank|
|37.09%||6||Opp. Rush %||48.97%||30|
|62.91%||27||Opp. Pass %||51.03%||3|
- The Packers have 17 passing plays of 30 or more yards, tied for the most in the league.
- Green Bay has allowed five passing plays of 30 or more yards, the fewest in the league.
- The Chargers have allowed 19 passing plays of 30 or more yards, tied for the most in the league.
- Games involving the Chargers are averaging a league-high 540.3 combined passing yards per game.
- The Chargers are sixth in the NFL in points per drive on offense (2.39).
- The Chargers are 28th in the NFL in points allowed per drive on defense (2.17).
- The Chargers have led for 39.0% of their offensive snaps, the highest rate for a team with a losing record.
- 26.2% of the Charger rushing attempts have gained five or more yards, the lowest rate in the NFL.
Trust = spike production for that player
Justin Herbert: Coming off a career-low 136 passing yards the previous Monday Night, Herbert immediately regained spike production, completing 27-of-40 passes for 323 yards (8.1 Y/A) for four touchdowns and an interception against the Lions.
He tacked on 15 rushing yards.
Herbert has had some uneven rate metrics since the loss of Mike Williams, but at the end of the day, he has been a top-10 scorer in 7-of-9 games with those two weeks outside of the top-10 coming against the Chiefs and Jets, two defenses we have discounted passers against all season.
We have another potential scare here with Keenan Allen injuring his shoulder last week, but expectations early in the week are that Allen will tough it out after coming back to the game last weekend.
We will keep tabs on Allen’s status because we have already seen what this passing game looked like a year ago without both Allen and Williams available.
On 131 dropbacks last season with both Allen and Williams off the field, Herbert averaged just 5.8 yards per pass attempt.
As long as Allen is good to go, Herbert is someone we are going back to as a QB1.
This is a tricky matchup for expecting a spike week, however.
Green Bay is playing Cover-3 on 46.6% of passing snaps, which is third in the league.
On 109 dropbacks against Cover-3, Herbert is completing 62.2% of his passes (29th) for 7.0 Y/A (18th).
To continue reading this article
and gain access to The Worksheet and all of Rich's regular content, including positional rankings and chats, click below to purchase our season-long fantasy package or weekly starter stack.Purchase